1. Nazmine - Department of Communication Studies, Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan, Pakistan.
2. Dr.Manan Khan Tareen - Department of Communication Studies, Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan,Pakistan.
3. Abdullah - Department of Communication Studies, Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan, Pakistan.
4. Hannan Khan Tareen - Department of Media Studies, Islamia University Bahawalpur, Pakistan.
5. Saimasiddique - Department of Media Studies, Islamia University Bahawalpur, Pakistan.
Self-presentation is a crucial phenomenon for identity development. It leads people to think in a particular way and it is intended to maintain, manipulate and adjust an image of oneself. This particular review paper was aimed to provide a systematic review of the prior research studies performed on the subject of self-presentation. For this review paper only those studies were selected and reviewed that were centered on the notion of digital media and self- resentation. The present study reviewed the prior literature on self presentation with different variables that led users towards the urge of self presentation. For developing the clear and better understanding of the phenomenon of self presentations this particular study aims to elaborate the self-presentation with reference to Social support, Mental health, Narcissism , selfie as a tool for self-presentation and gender. Goffman theory of self-presentation was also discussed in this review study. The review of the past studies on self presentation revealed that there are different factors that lead the phenomenon of self presentation on digital media including social support, mental well-being and narcissism. Furthermore, this review study also discussed the scope for further research studies, recommendations and limitations and for future studies.
Self Presentation, Digital Media, Mental well-being, Social Support, Selfie, Narcissism