1. Dr. SANA ASIM - Women Medical Officer Medicine THQ Hospital Jand Pakistan.
2. Dr. ZUBARIAH - Women Medical Officer, Department of Paediatrics, Isfandyar Bukhari Hospital, DHQ Attock, Pakistan.
3. Dr. UROOSA NAWAZ - Women Medical Officer, General Medicine, Basic Health Unit, Gulial Jand Pakistan.
4. Dr. FAYAZ AHMED MEMON - Department of Medicine, Muhammed Medical College and Hospital, Mirpurkhas, Sindh, Pakistan.
5. Dr. IFFAT IMRAN - Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, College of Medicine, Taif Univerrsity.
6. Dr. NAHEED AKHTAR - Department of Surgery, AJK Medical College, Muzaffarabad, Azad Kashmir.
Shivering after surgery is a problem normally found after SA (spinal anesthesia). For avoidance & treatment of the problem, various medicines are in utilization. This research work assessed the consequences of the tramadol on shivering after surgery avoidance in the patients who underwent the caesarean surgery after SA. This transverse research based on the random sampling. Ninety patients who were willing for caesarean surgery, from the month of April 2019 to February 2020 were selected arbitrarily to case or control groups. SA carried out for all these patients. At the finishing point of the surgery, one milligram per kilogram tramadol in twenty milliliters to the case group & twenty milliliters of usual saline to the group of control was gradually injected in veins. The evaluation of the patients carried out according to the percentage of the saturation of arterial oxygen, hemodynamic symptoms, the availability & concentration of trembling & vomiting. The analysis of the gathered information carried out with the help of Chi square test method. Shivering was present in the 39 patients of the of the control group, while shivering was present in only 4 patients of the case group. Medium level shivering was present in 33 patients of the group of controls & mild shivering was present in only six patients. In the case group, moderate shivering was present in only 2 patients & mild shivering was faced by only 2 patients. Serious nature of shivering was not present in any group. But an important disparity was available in the patients of both groups. There was not any significant disparity was present among the two groups on the basis of heart beat rate, BP, percentage of the oxygen saturation, vomiting & the temperature of the body of the patients. Tramadol is an effectual medicine in the avoidance of the shivering after SA. Hemodynamic problems are not initiated by this medicine. This is a secure & effectual for the avoidance of the shivering after SA.
Tramadol, Spinal Anaesthesia, Caesarean Surgery.